If Onedrive freezes during file synchronizing try using repair by right clicking the Onedrive cloud icon in the notification tray. If the problem still persists follow these steps:
- Go to the OneDrive cloud in the tray.
- Right click and say Stop Syncing folder (If a warning is given about permanently stopping this just continue).
- Go to Onedrive for business folder location on the C:\ drive (typically c:\users\username\onedrive for business)
- Rename the folder by putting _OLD at the end This will preserve the old data.
- Shut down any Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Start Task Manager.
- End the following processes: groove.exe, msosync.exe
- Go to c:\users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\SPW - delete everything in here. Close the window.
- Go to c:\users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\OfficeFileCache - delete everything in here. Close the window.
- Restart the computer.
- If the sync process does not start automatically, open Onedrive in a browser.
- Click on Sync and let it create a new sync folder.
- If there are files missing, you will have to go to your _old folder and copy the files to your new sync area.